Skip to main content

Thread: I turned my computer into a paper weight.


i have vista based laptop that. created separate partition , loaded linux empty partition. have installed ubuntu hardware not have installed drivers. have no idea root password cannot begin 'start' , 'try' installing drivers. tried password, ran terminal > sudo bash, told me user not on list , shits getting reported.
restarted laptop holding 0 brings vista utility. brings linux screen asking if want boot linux or old deleted windows xp. cannot find in bios letting me boot other partition containing vista. because cannot connect computer internet cannot load programs allow me switch linux windows. wanted take more advantage ra have guess turned laptop paper weight...
me please!

when installed ubuntu, gave user name , password. user administrator , root user of machine. use sudo commands operate root privilege.

version of ubuntu did install? there ever version of winxp on machine? have working network cable when installing, because wireless not work out-of-the-box. knew that.

open terminal , post output of:

code:
sudo fdisk -l
(that's "l" not 1).


Forum The Ubuntu Forum Community Ubuntu Official Flavours Support New to Ubuntu [ubuntu] I turned my computer into a paper weight.


Ubuntu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some mp4 files not displaying correctly (CS6)

Thread: Samba is not authenticating with LDAP